The Steering Committee of the International Signature Campaign in Support of the Appeal of the Hibakusha for the Elimination of Nuclear Weapons (“the organization”) respects your privacy. This policy outlines how your personal information will be handled by the organization. This policy applies to the organization’s website as well as activities conducted by the organization.
The following is outlined in this policy:
- 1 Collection and usage of personal information
- 2 Observation of legislation, guidelines set forth by the government, and other relevant rules
- 3 Cookies and similar technologies
- 3.1 Cookies
- 3.2 Web beacons and pixel tags
- 4 Disclosure of personal information
- 5 Access and management of personal information
- 6 Protection and storage of personal information
- 8 How to contact the organization
１． Collection and usage of personal information
“Personal information” refers to any information that on its own, or combined with other information, can identify an individual. Your personal information is submitted directly to the organization when you view this website, participate in the organization’s activities, or contact the organization. In some cases, the organization may attain information about you as a result of its recorded correspondence with you . The personal information collected by the organization includes names and addresses submitted through the petition, as well as email addresses and phone numbers included when contacting the organization, and information acquired through cookies when viewing this website. How the organization acquires information varies depending on the method used to contact the organization. The organization may use your personal information in the following ways.
- ・When consolidating, tallying, and submitting signatures collected by other partner organizations (members of the organization’s network) or individuals
- ・With your consent, the organization may contact you to notify you about its activities
- ・For promotional activities such as mailing lists, and to analyze access to this website
- ・When permission is granted by said person
- ・When it is legally required by law to disclose information
- ・When access is needed to protect major interests such as the life, health, or finances of an individual or the general public, as stipulated by the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- ・When information is requested by a financial institution in order to transfer fees to/from an account
- ・When, in order to conduct business, it is necessary for the organization to entrust personal information (limited to the information necessary for that business transaction) to a partner organization/business that has its own verified personal information management system
- ・When it is necessary and within reason for the organization to do so in order to conduct its activities
- ・Access a certain amount of your personal information that the organization stores
- ・Request changes be made to update or correct your personal information
- ・Object to or restrict the usage of your personal information by the organization
- ・Request deletion of your personal information from the organization’s database
2. Observation of legislation, guidelines set forth by the government, and other relevant rules
The organization makes clear, complies with, and handles your personal information in line with legislation regarding personal information and guidelines set forth by government, and other relevant rules.
3. Cookies and similar technologies
3-2. Web beacons and pixel tags
In some cases, the website uses similar technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags in addition to cookies. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image that is embedded into websites and emails. The organization uses pixel tags when sending emails to confirm that emails have been opened by the recipient. Those who are against data tracking of this type can unsubscribe from the organization’s mailing list at any time. By accessing the website, the organization assumes that you are in agreement with the usage of cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags.
4. Disclosure of personal information
The objective of the collection of signatures by the organization is to submit them to the United Nations. The organization will not disclose or provide any personal information to a third party, except in the following cases:
5. Access and management of personal information
You are responsible for confirming that the personal information provided to the organization is accurate. The organization is responsible for maintaining updated information and for preserving the accuracy and integrity of the personal information it collects.
You have the right to do the following, within the constraints of the applicable laws.
If you wish to do any of the actions listed above, please contact the organization through the form on this website.
6. Protection and storage of personal information
The organization takes the protection of your personal information seriously. It takes reasonable physical, administrative, and technological steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration, loss, and consumption.
8. How to contact the organization
If you have any questions, opinions, or concerns regarding protection of personal information, please contact the organization through the contact form on this website.
Last Edited On：November 6, 2018